Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In one of my classes, a student was talking about how since she read all the Harry Potter Books, her mother let her go to a midnight showing of the movie. Having been to one myself, I was curious how she thought it was. It didn't matter which movie, nor did it matter if she enjoyed it. I didn't like any of them, and I didn't even bother reading the books. I was more interested in the people she saw there. She said, "um. That is the last midnight showing I'll ever go to. Those people are weirdos." I smiled and replied (which I will probably never have the ability to say ever again) "I agree. I'm too normal for that." My students looked at me in disbelief as they couldn't believe I would ever say such a bold faced lie to their faces. But man, it felt good to say.

No comments: